Monday, September 8, 2008

Madrid: Salir de Copas

There is a reason that Spain, and Madrid especially, are known as having some of the best nightlife in the world. Los jovenes (the youngsters) here salen de copas (go out to drink) pretty much everynight. By the end of the sixth day I have been here, I will have gone out a total of three times.

A little more than 48 hours after my arrival I found myself at a party of European exchange students at a discoteca with los franceses de mi piso (the French students in my apartment) Justine and Camille. After paying the cover charge of 5 euros, we entered the Japanese themed dance club, clutching vouchers for one free drink. Suffice it to say, it was unlike anything I have experience so far. I emerged from the night a little drunk and having met a group of guys including two Swedes, an Italian, a English guy, and a French guy. By the time we had made our way back to the apartment it was 4:30.

The next night we met up with our new friends, plus a few, and went out to tapas. Although I left at 2 to return home because I needed my sleep, the rest of the group proceded to a discoteca and got home at 4 in the morning.

Tonight I am going out to celebrate my German flatmate's birthday. Claro que voy a divertirme mucho.

No comments: